You say goodbye... and I say hello

You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go, go, go
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello....

Apparent Colin is a budding Beatles fan... because the lyrics above are some of his favorites.  The kid is crazy about Hello and Goodbye.

Yesterday while we were at the playground he decided to go for a walk down the path.  We made it about 10 yards when he saw a family get into a car to drive away.  He stopped dead in his tracks, looked straight at them, and began waving and saying "ByeeeEEEEE" (two syllables).  He kept it up for about 30 seconds when finally they noticed.  They began to grin from ear to ear and all waved back.  The "bye" festival continued for about two minutes - I don't  know where they were headed, but they were either in no hurry or didn't care that they were going to be late.  All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Colin also loves to say "Hi" - but not just any old greeting will do.  He typically gets about 1 inch from your face, gets a slightly goofy grin on his face, and then says (two syllables again), "hi-eeeeee."  I challenge anyone to ignore this, or refrain from grinning back.

This, by the way, his how he woke me up this morning.  He'd made his way into our bed before H left for golf, and as I was dozing I felt a hand on my face.  He very (VERY) gently brushed the hair out of my face, then quietly said "hi-eeeee" with an ear-to-ear grin on his face.  After that incomparable start to my morning he leaned over, pulled up my shirt, and gave me a giant raspberry after which he looked up at me with another giant grin.  Talk about a perfect start to my morning.

Hooray for Sunday mornings with Colin!

Comments

Popular Posts