The Thursday Morning Toilet Mystery

Welcome to my wacky life.  Here's how today started, as told by the narrative in my head.

======

 Well, hello Thursday, good morning! Here's hoping today is gonna be a good day.

Oh look a towel on the floor I guess I'll hang it up in the boy's bathroom. Hmmm... why is there a plunger on top of the toilet. That's not good! Let me take a look.
The water seems very clean and clear. That's surprising since I see a plunger. Maybe I'll try the plunger a little bit. Well, I will flush the toilet first and - OK well it definitely is not working.
Plunge! Plunge! Nope. No change. Let me try the plunger a little more vigorously. OK the water is not going down but... what is that peeking out from the bottom of the toilet? Is it the tip of a pink octopus tentacle? No, it can't be an octopus. I don't think it is a snake since there's no eyes. What does that mean?
Well, this is gross but I guess I have to reach my hand in there...
Why is there a big wedge of watermelon rind in the toilet????
I guess Thursday is off to a very weird start.

======
Editors note: my boys had some friends over yesterday. They were all fantastic and really well-behaved even though they had to be very quiet when they were in the house because I was working. Not an easy task for four boys.
I guess someone brought watermelon upstairs, and my boys know that I have a very very strict “no food upstairs” rule. The guilty party foolishly (and very incorrectly) thought he could hide the evidence by throwing it down the toilet.

Comments

Popular Posts