Best Hug

This morning when I was dropping Colin off at school I carried him into his room and was about to put him down when he did a classic Colin move.  He wrapped his arms around my neck, nestled his head into the crook of my neck, and gave me a giant hug (complete with the neck-crushing squeeze) refusing to be put down.   When he does this I'm helpless.  I'm so enthralled I just can't put him down - the only possible response for anyone with a beating heart is to simply hug him back.

His teacher saw Colin's move and commented, and I quote, "He gives the best hugs!  He just wraps his arms right around your neck and... mmmm!  They're just the best!"

Now, admittedly I'm biased.  But I've heard this from all of his teachers.
His first teachers Miss Jill and Miss Denise still come over to get hugs. 
Miss Kristen (a teacher for the Lions, an older class) once told me that she came to Colin for a hug when she was having a bad day, and he made it all better.
Miss Jessica (one of the "floater" teachers who recently graduated from dental school) regularly told me how she loved his hugs.

So I think we might as well make it official.  Colin, my darling, you truly do give the BEST hugs.

Comments

Popular Posts