Bartleby, the Scrivener

Yesterday Colin decided he did not want to eat.  He declined most of his breakfast (except for his applesauce).  At lunch he ate a few bites of chicken, then refused his soup.  When I stopped in to visit I thought I'd try and see if I could get him to change his mind.  After playing with him for a few minutes I picked him up and tried to place him in his seat.

Colin reacted by flailing his legs wildly, vigorously shaking his head back and forth proclaiming "No! No! No! No! I done! I done! I done! No! No! No! I done! I done!"

His teachers laughed at his explicit response, and I gave up and put him down so he could continue playing.  If he prefers not to eat, then so be it.  Eventually he'll get hungry and change his mind, but until then my little Bartleby has made his decision.

Comments

Popular Posts