Hooray for Pixar!

I recently purchased the Pixar Short Films Volume 1 DVD for Colin (OK, for me too!), and popped it in wondering how he'd react.  He doesn't watch much TV (that's intentional) but I thought he might enjoy this.  The animation is great, nice bright colors, and I figured short films would be ideal for a toddler's attention span.

I had no idea how on-target I was.  Colin loves this DVD.  LOVES.
LOVE-LOVE-LOVE-LOVE-LOVE!

Luxo, Jr.
I put it in and he claps.  As each video plays he waves and says "hi-eeee" over and over to the characters.  He smiles with unabridged glee.  He watches me to ensure I'm paying attention to the wonders he is seeing on the TV screen.  When Tin Toy is playing he says "Baby! Baby!" pointing to the screen in case anyone didn't notice that a baby is up there.  He giggles gleefully at the ridiculous blue feather-brains in For the Birds.  He sways to the tropical themed Knick Knack and dances alongside the playful sheep in Boundin'.  And he exclaims "BALL! BALL! BALL" throughout the entirety of his favorite...  Luxo Jr.  And I'm particularly thrilled that most of these short films have no dialog and yet tell an engrossing story without missing a beat.

Thank you, Pixar, for your wonderful imagination, your amazing animation skills, and for providing such timeless and enjoyable mini-movies.

Comments

Popular Posts