Wrestlemania!

One of the first wrestling stables ever; the Four Horsemen were first formed when NWA World Champion Ric Flair, NWA Tag Team Champions Ole and Arn Anderson, and US Champion Tully Blanchard, along with Tully's manager J.J. Dillon, did promo’s together. The four of them feuded with guys like the Road Warriors, Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, and their biggest rival Dusty Rhodes.


If you're a fan of "professional" wrestling like my husband, this isn't just wrestling history, it is a vaunted part of your childhood.  He's such a nut about these guys he even made me watch a full-length DVD about the history of the Four Horsemen.  Really.  We still have the DVD at home.

And while I do appreciate the skill and strength involved in their acrobatics, I have a tough time taking a man seriously when he is dressed up in tights and makeup.

But apparently wrestling is transmitted genetically because while Colin has never seen WWF, WWE, NWO or Nacho Libre he completely understands and adores wrestling.  His favorite "move" is to run around behind me when I'm sitting on the floor (or am anywhere near the floor) and attack.  Sometimes he just jumps on my back and tries to climb on me, other times he grabs my shirt (or my neck, or my hair) and attempts to pull me over backward.  And since he won't take "no" for an answer my only option is retaliation... grabbing him, tossing him to the floor and relentlessly tickling him while making monster noises.

His other patented move is to sneak up from behind me while I'm sitting on the sofa.  He "sneaks" between me and the back of the sofa, and when I try to turn around to see him he darts to the other side to stay out of my line of sight.  It is not very effective hiding, since he is usually laughing hysterically the whole time, but such is life with a little boy.  This pseudo-stealth maneuver only lasts for so long, and then Colin can't help but give in and try to drag me over for more tickling and monster noises.

Not that anyone would ever doubt it, but WOW is this kid his father's son.  I still recall when H and I were dating and he "accidentally" gave me a DDT.  He suddenly realized he'd made a bit of a mistake, after which his first words were "Do you need to go to the hospital?"  Thankfully I wasn't injured, but Colin... beware.  Your mother might not be a wrestling fan but I can take a hit and keep coming back!

Comments

Popular Posts