Simple Pleasures

Last night I was taking a shower and had closed Colin in the bedroom/bathroom with me so H could eat dinner.  During my shower Colin did his usual (knock on the shower door, brush his hair, knock on the shower door, play with the DOG book, knock on the shower door...).  After my shower as I was drying off Colin ran into the bedroom to find a new toy to show me.

He came back and froze in the doorway with an enthralled expression on his face - literally, his whole body locked in place... motionless (or so I thought).  I stared at him to try and figure out what was going on... and realized it was his foot.  He was scrunching his big toe, and as it moved across the tile it was making a teeny noise.  Apparently this was both fascinating and amusing, and he kept it up for about a minute, with a look of wonder and a giant grin on his face.

He eventually moved on and started playing again, but the next time he crossed the threshold from the bedroom to the bathroom he stopped again, and started toe-squeaking.  Smiling and visibly pleased with his budding musical skills.  Crazy kid!

(And yes, I did mimic him... it is pretty fun.  Try it - I dare you!)

Comments

Popular Posts