The Centipede Incident

This morning as we were getting ready to head to Ryan’s baseball tournament, I spotted a centipede. A huge one was in the boy’ s bedroom near the ceiling (over the mirror and Colin’s precious Xbox).

Colin tried to get me to address the issue,  but I instead chose to GTFO and let him handle it  

Colin briefly panicked, insisting that I needed to take care of this. Nope  not my problem.  He then asked if I could bring him a fly swatter.

I found one and settled in for the show  

Colin first took a few practice swings in the hallway. 

He insisted I stay close by as his spotter. (Don’t worry - I wanted a front row seat for this show. I wasn’t going anywhere!

Then he went back in. 

Steeled his nerves for a minute or two. 

Verbally abused the insect. 

Then went and took a swing. 

He may have hit it (or not) but the centipede FLEW two feet off the wall in a beautiful arc. 

Colin sprinted for the bathroom (swearing so prolifically it would have made a sailor blush) and jumped into the tub. I laughed so hard I nearly fell over  

Then composed himself, went behind me, took me from under the arms and used me as a human shield to re-enter his bedroom and search for the body. 

He then searched the room (very carefully) and eventually found most of the body on the mirror. So at least he will be able to sleep tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts