Slurp!

On Friday night Colin woke up in the middle of the night, a combination of teething and congestion making him miserable.  I picked him up, gave him some of his decongestant, and laid him next to me where he could be propped up on the pillows.  We all fell back asleep, then he later woke up again.  He wasn't entirely awake, just half awake, and he rolled over to snuggle up to me.  (Not endearing at all, really.)

Then he gave me Colin kisses, which means he leaned into me with his mouth wide open and his tongue out.  His kisses are part darling little boy and part dog (he learned from Sydney, I can't be entirely surprised).  Then without warning he moved a step beyond and started licking me.

He licked my forehead.  And between my eyes.  And my eyelids.  Over.  And over.  And over.  This probably went on for about two minutes during which I tried desperately to not laugh for fear of breaking the spell.  (And if you've never had your forehead licked by an infant, it tickles.  A lot.)  Eventually he dozed off again, and I laid there marveling at my incredibly sweet (but odd) little boy.

As a side note, I also had a dream a few nights back that Colin's first word was "ridonkulous."  In my dream he said it slowly, in his teeny somewhat throaty little voice, one syllable at a time.  After which he smiled at me, visibly pleased with himself.  It was utterly ridiculous, as only dreams can be, but seemed somewhat plausible as well.  Cute and strange, but ridiculous.  Or should I say ridonkulous?

Comments

Popular Posts