Spring Forward

For the record, the switch to daylight savings time has NOT been a friend to our house hold.  Colin's schedule (such as it is) is even more off than usual.  The kid hasn't been able to fall asleep before 9:00 since the whole dang thing happened.  Then he gets all crazy because he's painfully overtired, but won't let himself fall asleep.  Sunday night he bit me (hard) on the collarbone as he was fighting sleep, and now three days later I still have a mark.  That was the last straw.

I've always hated the stupid concept of time changes.  Why not just make up your mind and be done with it?  It isn't like we're saving candles any more, and most people aren't getting up to milk the cows.  Frankly if you are getting up to milk the cows you still need to get up - cows don't care about clocks.  When it is milking time, it is milking time.  Period.

Not only is poor Colin over-tired, I am as well.  (OK, I've been over-tired for months now.  But this really isn't helping.)  So forgive the cranky rant, but I can't help but wonder why we don't just stick with Daylight Savings time.  So...

I'd like to start a movement for the entire US to band with the parts of Indiana who (sanely) made up their mind what time it is, and had the sense to STICK WITH IT.  None of this stupid changing of clocks every 6 months.  Just pick a time, let us all adjust, and let me stop having to change the time on every freaking clock in my life. 

Anyone with me?

Comments

Popular Posts