On my Feet

Another milestone...

Three weeks ago I was on the living room floor with Colin, playing.  He went to grab for a toy, and didn't notice that he stopped holding on to me, or anything else.  He was holding the toy... STANDING! 

Two weeks ago I went to take him and the dog for a walk, and went outside to put something in the stroller, leaving Colin just inside playing with the storm door.  When I went to come inside he was leaning against the door, so I opened it a crack and put my arm through so he could grab my hand.  He took both arms off the door, then slowly took a teeny bit of a shuffle step and then took my hand.

Last week on Friday at school they told me that he stood on his own, for about 20 seconds.  It lasted until he was no longer distracted.  When he finally noticed what he was doing he promptly sat down.  He didn't fall - just sat down.

And, of course, if you "walk" him holding his hands, he goose-steps like a soldier.  Taking the biggest fastest steps he can manage.  No halting baby steps for Colin - he's full steam ahead.  In the fast lane, all the time.

I don't know when it is going to happen, but this kid is going to walk soon and then all bets are off.  I expect every day will be a mini marathon running after Colin!  (His poor teachers!!!)  Forget trying to train for my half marathon (less than 4 weeks away now!)... I need to train to be able to keep up with my son!

Comments

Popular Posts