Remembering

Tonight as I was putting Colin to bed, out of the total blue he asked me where Seamus was. The conversation went like this:

C: mommy, where's Seamus?
Me: He's in heaven, sweetie.
C: you sad, mommy?
Me: yes, I'm sad, I miss him.
C: you miss him?
Me: yes, I miss him.
C: you're sad?
Me: yes, i miss him, and sometimes it makes me sad. But he was our good kitty friend for a long time.
C: you miss Seamus?
Me: yes, I miss Seamus.
C: Daddy misses him?
Me: yes, Daddy misses him.
C: baby Ryan misses Seamus?
Me: (knowing it isn't true) yes, baby Ryan misses him.
C: Sydney misses Seamus?
Me: (fighting tears now) yes, Sydney misses him.
C: Colin misses Seamus?
Me: do you miss Seamus?
C: yeaaaah, I miss him.

It has been four months since we lost our dear kitty Seamus. That is roughly 10% of Colin's entire life... forever by toddler standards, but he still asks about his kitty friend. Colin truly adored that cat.

I told Colin that maybe someday we could get another kitty. His immediate reply was that we would get a white one.

I hope I remember to look back on this post someday....

Comments

Popular Posts