Quick Hits

Ryan is definitely mobile, although he isn't crawling yet.  Instead he lays on his stomach, holds his feet up in the air, and pushes with his hands to either move backward or swivel/spin to get wherever he wants to go.  I can't say for sure, but I expect crawling should come within the next few weeks.  Maybe.   With this kiddo who knows!?

On Saturday Hari got home from work and was watching a little golf.  Colin came down from his nap and was sitting with H slowly waking up, and an ad came on the TV.  It was Ricky Fowler stumping some golf product - who knows (or cares!) what.  Hari asked Colin "When you grow up are you going to be like Ricky Fowler?" to which Colin promptly replied "No, I'm gonna grow up and be like Daddy!"  If that doesn't make your day I don't know what would!

Last weekend the baby, as usual, woke up obscenely early and was rarin' to go, wide awake and squealing. I picked him up and brought him over to the bed, and he wanted to play.  Meanwhile Colin was asleep... or so I thought.  He was trying to sleep but Mr. Wakey-Wake wasn't making it easy!  Colin popped his head up, blearily looked at his brother, and stated clearly "He's awake.  Baby Ryan's awake.  Close your eyes, baby.  Close your eyes Baby Ryan.  Go night-night!"  Ryan didn't comply so Colin gave up and flopped back down, face first into his pillow to try and catch a few more ZZZZs.

For the record, Colin's obsession with my hair continues.  He refuses to sleep without a chunk wrapped around his hand, sometimes wraps it around his hand/arm, and even when fully away is constantly playing with it.  Endearing? Yes.  Adorable? Absolutely!  And yet sometimes (when he has accidentally pulled my hair for the 347th time) it gets just a little old.  Then I remind myself that someday he won't care about my hair anymore, and the only person playing with it will be me, and I immediately bury any annoyance and revel in the fact that my little guy is such a sweetie.

My new favorite kid's book?  I Want My Hat Back - Colin loves it and giggles through the story, we commiserate with the poor bear and laugh about who is a naughty rabbit, and I (with my warped brain) can't get over the wicked little twist at the end.  The illustrations are great, but the story itself is just priceless.  It was an accidental find from a play trip to Barnes and Noble on a Saturday morning, but I'm so incredibly glad I ran into this wonderful book.  It is destined to be a Sharma family favorite!

And for the record, Colin is really getting close to starting to pre-read.  He peeks over my shoulder when I'm reading (my grown-up books) and likes to point out letters he knows (C for Colin!  M for Mommy!  K for kick!) and has begun noticing letters everywhere (on the sides of buildings, on packaging, street signs...).  Now when we read a Dr. Seuss I'm having him help me sound out some of the simple words, and he thinks it is a blast.  Some of his books he just has memorized, so he knows what is happening, but I can't wait for the day when he can truly start reading on his own.  What books he'll choose, which he'll enjoy, what genres will be his favorites... so many new worlds are waiting for him to explore.  Wheee!

Comments

Popular Posts