Tweet!

This morning Ryan was playing on the kitchen floor while I made breakfasts and lunches.  This is our normal routine - I get up, grab the little guy, put him on the floor with a box of toys, and he happily amuses himself while I unload the dishwasher, make coffee, and make/pack everyone's breakfasts, lunches, bottles, etc.

I can do this without much worry because Ryan still shows absolutely NO interest in crawling.  He somehow manages to move around a bit (I think he is scooting while sitting, but he never does it when you're looking so I'm not sure) but he's never more than a few feet from where he started so even in my bleary morning state this is an OK arrangement.

Today I was out of sight for a moment, getting Colin's lunch-bag from the closet when I swear I thought I heard a whistle.  I ran back into the kitchen to see what happened, assuming it was an appliance or something else having a malfunction.  Sydney was at my side running to investigate as well.

We turned the corner and... everything seemed normal.  No appliances on, nothing had sprung a leak, my cell phone wasn't going off... and then... he did it again.

Ryan (as always) had two fingers in his mouth and...TWEET!  I wouldn't have believed what I was hearing, except Sydney went straight in to sniff his face.  She confirmed what I couldn't wrap my brain around: my 8-month old was whistling.  I made a big deal and he broke into a giant open-mouthed grin and started clapping, and it was a big fat celebration.  He tried a few more times (blowing out with his fingers jammed into his mouth) without success, but I expect he'll practice and have this down pat in short order.  Unreal!

Comments

Popular Posts