Fork Phone

Colin apparently wants more Daddy time.  A couple of weeks back we were sitting at dinner (Colin, me and Baby Ryan) and Colin picked up his fork and, without any preamble, held it up to his ear and began talking into it.

"Hi Daddy.  Yes, [random unintelligible toddler-speak] OK."

Then he "hung up" by putting the fork/phone behind him on his booster seat.  Then he picked it up again (almost as if it rang), said hello again, and resumed the conversation.  This went on repeatedly for about 5 minutes - brief conversations followed by hanging up and tucking the fork behind him.  He wouldn't let me talk, and became utterly hysterical when I momentarily tried to take the "phone" and get him to resume eating.  I even offered to call Daddy on my phone, but he wasn't interested in that idea.  At all!

Then again, who can blame him?  He wanted to talk to Daddy on his fork-phone.
What's cooler than that?!?

Comments

Popular Posts