Pizza Day

Sometimes drop-off time at daycare can be easy,sometimes the boys aren't so happy about it.  This morning as he was stepping out of the car Colin looked at me very seriously, with a slightly sad expression, and pleaded (while standing outside the school)...

C: "Mommy, I don't wanna go to school today.  Can I come to work with you?  Can I come to your office?  Please-please-please-please-PLEASE?!?!?"

Me: Colin, sweetie, I'm sorry.  You can't.  (And why on Earth would you want to go to work when you get to play and have snacks and nap.. ENJOY this, my child.  The time for work will come soon enough!)

C: "Please, Mommy.  PLEASE!  I want to come to work with you!"

Me: But Colin, today is Friday.  Pizza day.  And at work we don't get pizza on Fridays.

--- PAUSE --

C: Why?  Why don't you get pizza?  Its Friday. (in what universe would you NOT have pizza lunch?  It is FRIDAY!!!!)

Me: Because at work we don't have pizza Friday.  It is just work.

And that ended the discussion.  Just like that.  Colin happily turned around and headed into school with no further complaint or attempt at negotiation.

Chalk one up for quick-thinking-mommy!


Comments

Popular Posts