Too Quiet

This morning as I was finishing getting ready Hari shouted upstairs to me, "Monica!  Come here!  NOW!"

Me: (Oh lord... what can possibly be happening now?!?) "What is it?"

    Hari: "Just come here.  Now!!"

Me: I'm getting ready.  What is it???

    And Hari finally told me, "It was too quiet so I came to look and...
    Ryan is walking down the stairs."

Me: WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!  STOP HIM!

    Hari: He's being really careful.  You should see!

Me: (finally running to the top of the stairs) STOP! HIM! NOW!

    Hari: Well, its too late.  He is being careful and slow though... look! 
            ....WHOA! NO, Buddy!

The last was Hari's reaction to Ryan as he reached the penultimate stair, and squatted, preparing to leap down to the ground.  Which was exactly what I was afraid of.  (OK, that and him stumbling and falling down 4-5 stairs and landing in a bloody mangled heap at the bottom.)

Me "and THAT is exactly why I told you to stop him!!!!"

So now, in addition to everything else, I have to keep in mind that Ryan has now decided that he is a big boy and can walk up and down the stairs.  And unless he's strapped down in another room he keeps running back to the stairs to practice.

*sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts