Brotherly Love

Let it be known, far and wide, that Baby Ryan is Colin's.  Period!

Think I'm joking?

When we went back to Cleveland to visit this summer an acquaintance saw Ryan in the stroller and stooped over to play with his feed.  Colin saw this and shouted "That's my Baby Ryan!  MY Baby Ryan!"

When I pick up the boys at school I get Ryan first, then head to Colin's classroom.  When we enter the room Colin will see us, sprint from across the room, fling his arms around my leg, and declare "That's my mommy!  That's MY Baby Ryan!"

This past weekend we were having a lazy family morning moment on Sunday, and I brought the baby over to the bed where H, Colin and I were.  H reached out to caress the baby's head and Colin gave him a very stern look and said "No, Daddy, no!  Don't touch him.  That's my Baby Ryan!  MY Baby Ryan!"

When I dropped Colin off at school yesterday he told his friend Lily, in no uncertain terms, "That's my Baby Ryan, Lily!  MY baby Ryan!"

But this morning took the cake.  As we were rushing around trying to get everyone ready for school and work, I set the baby on the bed for a little tummy time... plus it is a good spot so I can keep an eye on him as I'm getting ready.  Colin took one look, saw the baby on the bed, and clambered up next to him.  (Yes, I was watching very closely to ensure no one did anything crazy.)  Colin leaned down, petting the baby very gently and giving him gentle kisses on his head saying quietly, "That's my Baby Ryan!  MY Baby Ryan!  I love the baby.  I hold the baby's hand, Mommy.  He's my baby bruvver, that's my Baby Ryan."

Now I can say that I truly know what they mean when they say brotherly love!

Comments

Popular Posts