Happy Hanukkah!

A while back Colin noticed that I could get H's attention, if necessary, by calling his name.  I don't say "Daddy!" - I call for Hari.  So he decided that he'd try it, and periodically (and somewhat randomly) he will call Hari by his first name.  Which gets his attention every time,

I've always thought this was a bit odd, and wasn't entirely behind it when H started trying to get Colin to call me by my first name.  Colin will do it occasionally, but for the most part only when prompted by his father.  H always has an obnoxious bratty grin when he's doing this as well, so I know it is just to get my goat.  However when Colin urgently needs something from me and I'm not responding I become alternately Monica and Honey!!!

That was all well and good, and seemed (I hoped) to be fading into a thing of the past.  Until recently.  When Colin started calling his father Hari again.  However he has now muddled my name a bit.

It was always a joke with friends that H and I, collectively, were very musical... HarMonica.  (insert corny laugh track here).  Colin has taken that a step further, using half of each of our names, and is now insisting to people far and wide "That's my mommy!  Her name is Hanukkah!"  I then have to explain the whole bloody story to the poor person, feeling rather foolish each time as I do so.

Although I guess if I have to be a holiday at least I'm a good one that lasts over a week and involves lots of gifts and celebrating!  Happy Hanukkah everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts