Over the top

Today when we got home from school Colin mixed things up a bit. Typically he enters the house with his face turned to the side and his arms around his head to protect him from Sydney's overzealous greeting. Today he walked right in and, without hesitation, wrapped his arms around her neck, pit his head against hers, and gave her a gentle but adoring hug. I nearly turned inside out I was so happy. They have played together in various ways all his life, but this was a step beyond anything I've seen thus far.

As if that weren't enough, then during Colin's dinner I had the baby in my lap. Colin leaned over, patted Ryan gently on the foot and said "I'm keeping him". Quite sure that I misheard him, I asked Colin to repeat himself which he did. Very clearly. I still didn't believe my ears, and asked him "you're going to keep him?" to which Colin replied in the affirmative, as if this were no big deal.

This kid had the charm factor turned up to 10 tonight. I just can't stand it!!!

Comments

Popular Posts