Roly-Poly Milestone

So, thanks to Colin's cold and my (approximately) 14 hours sleep in 4 days, last night I could feel my own personal head cold trying to take root. (oh joy!) To try and nip things in the bud I went to bed at a decent hour, Colin peacefully snoozing in the playard, and had a small glimmer of hope that I'd get a good night's sleep.

That was, of course, not to be.

Colin woke up starving at about 3:30AM. After a power-nursing session he happily went back to sleep and I did the same. Then... at 5AM... Hari woke me up with a stage whisper (whispery voice, but loud enough to hear across a crowded auditorium!):
Dad: "MONICA, LOOK!!! THE BABY IS ON HIS STOMACH!!! WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!?"
Me: (groggily looking over) "That's great. Leave him. He did it himself, he's fine."
Dad: "No, seriously. We can't leave him like this. He'll suffocate."
Me: (groggy and grumpy) "He's fine. He's been like that since before you noticed him."
"Dad: "No, we can't leave him like this. I'm giving him to you. You hold him."
Me: (giving up) "OK"

So now I'm half awake, with a sleepy-but-wiggly baby on me. We dozed for another hour, then it was up and at 'em!

And while it may have seemed that I was non-plussed, now that I've showered and had some coffee I am truly excited. Our little guy rolled over, completely on his own, without any assistance or prompting last night. WOW! Crazy how something so elementary can seem like a big deal, but it is. This is a person who just a few weeks back couldn't hold up his head with any degree of control, and now he's managed to move his whole body! Guess we'd better start child-proofing the house. I think before we know it Colin's going to be mobil.

Other positive notes:
  • I think Colin's cold is starting to get better. Let's hear it for daddy's hard-core steam sessions! WOO HOO!!!

  • Colin has been madly gnawing on my fingers for the past week. In addition, now that he's holding toys and playing with them he's started jamming them into his mouth and chomping. I'm just guessing, but think his first teeth may be on the way.

  • I may be imagining it, but I'm pretty sure that his lip is starting to get better from the massage treatments. I could be wrong, and it may be wishful thinking, but it truly looks a little better already. Rest assured that I'll be massaging my fingers into nubs, and watching his lip like a hawk for (continued) improvement!
  • Comments

    Please tell Hari that I never put my babies to sleep on their backs. They always went to sleep on their tummies and have lived to tell the tale... :)
    P.S. Colin, congratulations!

    Popular Posts