Fun with LN2

Last Friday H was out late with a meeting for work, so I put Colin to bed and decided to catch a few early ZZZZs myself.  I was laying in bed and Little Number 2 started his evening stretching and kicking session.

This isn't anything new - he's an active little kid already (although in very different ways from Colin), and seems to take great pleasure in stretching into every available corner of his somewhat limited living space.  He vigorously pushes around trying to stretch his quarters to make more room, which frankly isn't always very comfortable for his poor mother!  He's now reached the stage where his movements resemble the movie Alien: my stomach visibly jerks and undulates like there's a creature in there trying to escape, which I suppose isn't exactly untrue.  It is more than a little weird, but incredible at the same time when I think that there's a tiny little person in there with his own ideas about things, and that he is causing all the commotion.

Anyway, last Friday night LN2 was kicking (or perhaps pushing?) rapidly and repeatedly in the lower left-hand quarter of my abdomen.  So I decided to push back to see what he'd do, or if he even noticed.  I took one finger and very gently pressed back a few times in rapid succession on the spot where he had been kicking.  There was a brief pause, after which he again kicked me three times.  I wondered if he was still just doing his own thing, or responding to me, so I tried again.  And he responded again, this time  without the delay.  Game on!  We probably did this back and forth 5-10 times, and I guarantee I was smiling like a complete loon.

How amazing is it that I can play with my son two months before he is born?

Comments

Popular Posts