POKE! (not just for FB anymore)

Yesterday was apparently National Poke Day.  What?  You weren't notified either?  Don't feel bad.  It certainly wasn't on any calendar I saw, but Little Number Two celebrated in style.

I don't know what got into him, but I swear all day long he was trying to jam his foot (?) through the skin just below the ribs on my right side.  I literally kept expecting to see a the outline of a foot when I looked down.  And this wasn't just once or twice - the kid was grinding away like he really meant business.  All. Day. Long.

Driving to work... POKE!
In a meeting... POKE!
Trying to focus while talking to a client... POKE!
On a walk with Colin and Sydney... POKE!
Eating dinner... POKE!
Putting Colin to bed... POKE!
Emptying the dishwasher... POKE!

Little guy, here's a quick update for you... you may think things are cramped now, but you're continuing to grow and there's really only so much room available.  My vital organs and bone structure have all been shifted around as much as physically possible to accommodate you, and this is as good as it is going to get.  You have another month and a half, after which you are welcome to make your exit and debut.  At that time you'll likely realize that the world is a big, cold, scary place and while you will have more room than you know what to do with I'm betting that snuggling with your mother will seem like a pretty good option.

In the meantime, BEHAVE YOURSELF!

Comments

Popular Posts