Roseola, Part II

This week I took Thursday and Friday off of work. I have to use up the days before the end of the year (or lose them, unpaid), and figured I would get caught up I'm some stuff around the house.

Or not.

Thursday morning Colin woke up with a blazing fever (over 103). We immediately dumped him in a cool bath, and after a small sea of tears his temp was down to 102. I doses him with Acetaminophen and got it down to about 100, but that was it. As soon as the meds started to wear off his temp spiked right back up over 103.

This was how I spent the first day idly vacation... Worried sick about my son and wondering what was wrong with him.

Two days later Colin is sporting a lovely rash on his torso, and I'm confident that this is another case of Roseola. He had it last year, and I thought we were dome since it is a virus, but I researched a bit and found that there are multiple viruses that can cause Roseola. So apparently Colin has now had two of them.

Colin was a trooper through it, but has been extra-super-clingy with a cherry on top. So I have been utterly unproductive, which stinks. On the plus side I got to spend four days with Colin, non-stop, nearly 24 hours a day! Big thanks to Bog Daddy H who gave me a few breaks so I could work out and retain a small degree of sanity!

Comments

Popular Posts