Happy Thanksgiving - Surprise!

This morning as we were lazing in bed (just a bit) and after I read Colin his fourth book ("nother book?  Nother book?  Nother book?") I nearly fell out of bed.

Colin was very quietly, almost in a whisper, talking to himself.  And I overheard him.  Count, very clearly, from one to ten.  On his own, without any prompting.

I jumped up, woke H up to tell him (knowing he'd never believe me) but he was already up and had heard.  His comment?  "Well, it's about time, isn't it?"

Colin is just under 19 months old, and counted to 10 on his own.
I realize I'm the overweaning mama, but I think that might be a little ahead of the curve.

We haven't been able to get him to do it again, but we both heard it, as clear as day.
How's that for a Thanksgiving surprise?

Comments

Popular Posts