Sweaty Beast

Colin is currently passed out, sleeping while draped over his father, who is lounging on the sofa watching college football.  A picture of domestic tranquility, or so you would think.

But instead of murmuring sweet nothings to our boy, H whispered to me "Sweaty Beast."  And I'd like to rebuke him, but it is unfortunately true.  Colin sweats, profusely, every time he sleeps.  I'm not talking about a little glisten or glow.  He soaks his pillow and mattress, and if he's laying on you your clothes will look like you got caught in a monsoon.

I mentioned this to our pediatrician once, and he said it is normal for little kids to sweat in their sleep, so I try not to worry about it.  But I just cannot imagine that other parents walk over to the crib of a 6-month old and find him laying in a pool of his own sweat.  I swear - it sometimes looks like a glass of water spilled in his crib!

I suppose he comes by it honestly.  His father sweats in his sleep too - I won't give details because frankly it is gross, and no one needs to hear about it.  But the bottom line is that Colin seems to have inherited his father's penchant for slumber-induced-perspiration.  And sweaty or not, these beasties are my boys!

Comments

Popular Posts