Colin the Cleaner


047
Originally uploaded by Yipiyuk
I'm going to start by saying that I know this won't last, but for now it is pretty cool, and very entertaining.

Colin is a budding neat freak. Seriously. You think I'm kidding? OK, judge for yourself:

* He carefully places his sippy cups on a coaster on the coffee table. Never directly on the table (unless he can't get to a coaster).
* He happily helps put his toys away.
* He helped me transfer clothes from the washing machine to the dryer.
* When I gave him half of a granola bar he merrily began eating, then snatched the rest of the bar (still in the wrapper) and threw it away.
* I was unloading the dishwasher. He came over and handed me utensils, one by one, until they were all put away.
* He loves to clean up his high chair tray. After he's done eating, just hand him a wipe and he really, truly cleans up! He doesn't just move it around, he uses the wipe to gather up any crumbs or spilled food.
* He cannot stand to see a string, crumb, or any other random "stuff" on the floor. If he does he'll pick it up and hand it to me for disposal.
* He was trying to sweep the other day when I had the broom out - if I had a shorter handled broom I think he would have happily cleaned up the whole house!
* He throws out old tissues, napkins, wrappers and paper-towels himself. Without being asked.
* He helps me vacuum. And I don't mean he just plays with the hose, or held it while standing there (see video evidence, attached!). The other day he walked around the downstairs, searching out and vacuuming up every bit of fur, dust and crumb that he could find. Including crawling on his hands and knees to get under the ottoman and sofa!

Someday the fun will wear off, and I'll have a young man who leaves food under his bed for weeks and mixes dirty and clean clothes together. And when that happens I'll probably look back on this and think that I was hallucinating. That's why I have video evidence!!!

(Can't see the video? Look here:
http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/photos/97943055@N00/4957278738/ )

Comments

Popular Posts