Yummy!

Colin has an unusual habit... if he is outside and the temperature is cold (say, below 40 degrees) he sticks his tongue out. Every time. Without fail. And it always looked to me like he was tasting the cold. Seriously.


So one day a few weeks back I decided to try it. It was (brrrrr!) a cold day, it was pitch dark so there wasn't any sun to warm things up (gotta love the early sunsets here on the East Coast), and as we were walking to the car I joined Colin and stuck my tongue out.


He was thrilled by my endeavour, and I got an instant whole-face grin from the boy (don't worry though - his tongue stayed out). And I realized... it felt pretty good. Think about it. Your tongue lives in a moist, warm environment so how often does it get to experience a chill breeze? Unless you live at the north pole and regularly aerate your mouth, the answer is probably not too often.


So now, if I'm outside with Colin on a chill day we both stick our tongues out and taste the cold. Do we look ridiculous?  Of course.  Do I care?  Absolutely not.  And really, it is quite yummy! Care to join us?

Comments

Popular Posts