Buzzies!

When I'm changing Colin, or after a bath I often make "buzzies" on his belly and legs.  It is a brief distraction, sometimes stops him from trying to crawl away, and it makes him smile and laugh which entertains me endlessly.

This morning Colin woke up and wasn't too happy.  His cold has turned into a cough, I think his throat was sore, and he just wasn't feeling great.  I let him curl up on my chest, and he was trying to put his head down but couldn't quite get comfortable.  He tried moving up, but then his head flopped onto my collar bone - not too comfy.  He then tried snuggling downward, gradually working his way past my chest.  And as he wiggled downward my t-shirt rode up a bit.

Colin spied my exposed belly and... flopped face first onto my stomach, open-mouthed, and blew.  He was giving me buzzies!!!  I started laughing, both at the way it felt and at the concept that my 9-month-old son was giving me buzzies.  He looked up, utterly delighted at my reaction, then did it again.  I laughed, he laughed, and he did it again.  And again... and again... and again... and it just didn't get old for either of us. 

I'm not sure who is more ridiculous (or simple)... him or me.  A close call either way, but I'm happy to join him as a member of the Simpleton Society.

Comments

Popular Posts