I wanna hold your hand...

Colin is now reaching out to interact with us.  If he sees the dog or cat walking by... he holds out his hand (and will flop forward toward them in the hope of petting their fluffy softness).  If he sees me or his dad nearby... he holds out his hand, or sometimes will stretch both arms out wide.  (HOLD ME!)

The other night I put my arm through the bars of his crib... and he reached out and grabbed my hand.  Did I melt?  Like butter on Mercury.  This morning he was in his little chair playing happily, then saw the dog nearby and leaned over until he nearly tipped trying to reach the dog.  I called her over and he gleefully (and surprisingly gently!) buried his hands in her fur, leaning his face forward to nuzzle her.

His other new habit is to turn in his car seat to look and see if anyone is in the passenger seat.  Just in case someone might consider paying attention to him, which works every time!

Man, does this kid have me wrapped around his teeny little fingers or what?!?! Is there a pill or something that I can take to toughen up?  If not I'm in serious danger of spoiling him rotten and/or collapsing into a giant mushball.  How on earth did I go from crusty curmudgeon to a gelatinous blob of marshmallow fluff????

And don't let his dad fool you.  It isn't just me.  He's as bad as I am, in spite of his vociferous complaints that I'm spoiling the child and making him into a "mama's boy."  After all... who's the one who calls the boy "Googie," hmmmm????  Not the mama, that's for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts