Good Morning

This morning was typical of most in our house.  I got up, grabbed a quick shower, unloaded the dishwasher, made breakfasts, and ate with the boys.  Hari helped with the boys and Sydney, I loaded enough crap for a 6-month trip into the car (clean sheets and blankets, water bottles, snacks, blah-blah-blah...), gave the boys their vitamins as I strapped them into their carseats, and away we flew.  A little late (again, typical) but we were off.

We got to school, walked Ryan down and dropped him off at Toddlers with his darling Miss Nicole.  When Colin and I exited the room Ryan was happily in his chair, with his new Nemo water cup and a dish of bananas and cantaloupe in front of him (I always bring 2nd breakfast for my little hobbit).

Next down to Colin's room, where we dropped off his water, hung up his coat and hat, and then went in search of his classmates.  (They combine classes in the early mornings since there are fewer children, so typically I take Colin down to Miss Sarah's room where he plays with the other children until roughly 8:30 or so when his teacher arrives.)  As we exited the Preschool 1 room we saw Miss Sarah, walking down the hallway with 3 boys behind her, looking like a mama duck with her ducklings in tow.  Colin happily joined the trail of boys (literally tippy-toeing until he caught up with them!).

I confirmed with Sarah that it was OK to leave Colin with her, and as I signed the boys in he happily sat with his friends on a bench in the main entryway while Sarah checked on something with the director.  I turned to give Colin a quick kiss, not wanting to over-gush and embarrass him in front of his friends, then turned to leave.

I was almost out the door when I heard him say, "MOMMY!  Kissy!"  He sprang from his seat, ran to me and nearly knocked me over with his enthusiastic hug, giving me two giant kisses.  He did quick bunnies* and told me to have a great day, then ran back to sit and resume playing with his friends.

With a start like that how could I not have a great day???

====
*bunnies: during the closing credits of the Wallace and Gromit movie "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" they included some animation - general silliness to accompany the names of everyone who worked on the film.  But the animation doesn't include Wallace.  Or Gromit.  Instead it shows the bunnies - some dancing, some just floating, others are doing bunny "kisses" which involves rubbing noses.  I don't remember if I started it or if it was Colin, but we now do "bunnies" all the time, rubbing noses as a show of ridiculousness and affection.  Everyone does this. Completely normal.  Right?

Comments

Popular Posts