Squish

Last night, in spite of suffering from a bad virus Ryan packed away his whole dinner while Colin and I cooked (homemade pizza) thinking I'd get something in the little guy while he was interested.

Surprisingly, when the pizza was done I heard a banging accompanied by "unh! unh! unh" and walked over to find Ryan, banging on his booster seat demanding to be placed in his chair.  When I put him there he then started pointing at the slice of pizza I had placed in front of Colin. "UNH! UNH! UNH!"  Subtle... I guess he wanted some pizza.

I diced up half a piece of pizza for Ryan, and we all sat down to eat together.  Ryan and I devoured our pizza, and while Colin was eating he wasn't as quick as the rest of us.  He's going through a frustrating phase where he tries to make every meal last at least an hour or two... which is a frustration for another post.  Anyway...

Half way through the meal, utterly unprovoked, Colin made a statement that I'm still laughing about.  He took a small bite of his pizza, and then told me, "Baby Ryan is going to eat all his healthy food, and grow up.  He's going to be big.  Bigger than me.  And then he'll sit on me and squish me and I'll be flat."

HUH?????

I cannot fathom where he comes up with this stuff!!!  I tried to tell him that they would both grow up big and tall.  That they were brothers and Ryan would never squish him.  But he wouldn't be deterred.  He wasn't upset about it, or angry or sad... just very matter of fact about the fact that his baby brother would eventually steamroll him.  Go figure.

Comments

Popular Posts