Confronting Frustration

Colin is very good at telling when I'm frustrated.  Not that I'm subtle - I realize this.  Anyone who comes within a 6-mile radius of me probably knows when I'm frustrated.  However his method of dealing with it is somewhat unique.

When he senses my tension Colin will look at me, and in a very soft and soothing voice, say "It's OK, honey.  Calm down.  Honey.  Honey, it's OK."

I can only assume that he has picked this up from us, although I don't recall ever calling Colin "Honey" (I typically reserve that moniker for Hari).  And while it is very strange to hear a 3-year-old calling me "honey" and telling me to calm down, I have to admit it works.  If for no other reason than I'm always surprised when he does it.

Where does he come up with this stuff????

Comments

Popular Posts