Brainwashing 101

 I'm working on some serious parental brainwashing.  And I'm proud of it.  I'm even more proud that Colin is buying into it - that means my eeeeevil plan is working.  MWAH-HA-HA-HA!

What, pray-tell, is my nefarious plan?
I'm glad you asked!

I've started positioning to Colin that he "doesn't like" some foods only because he's little.  And that when he grows up he'll love them.  And he believes me!!!  (poor kid - he never stood a chance)

Example?

Colin:  I don't like broccoli.
Me:  I know.  But someday when you're big you're going to LOOOOVE broccoli.
Colin:  (silent pondering)
Me:  Think about it... Daddy loves broccoli.  Mommy loves broccoli.  And what color is The Hulk?
Colin:  Hulk is green.
Me:  Exactly!  And what color is broccoli?
Colin:  Green.
Me: See?  Hulk eats lots of broccoli.  That's why he's so big and strong... and green!

How do I know it is sinking in?  Yesterday at the grocery store we were walking through the produce aisle this is what I overheard Colin saying....

"Mommy and Daddy and Baby Ryan like broccoli.  I don't like broccoli, but someday when I'm big I'm going to eat LOTS and LOTS of broccoli."

Yep, let's hear it for Brainwashing 101.
GO ME!

Comments

Popular Posts