Santa Hands

Colin knows about washing his hands: potty-flush-wash is our mantra.  In spite of our catchy little chant he still sometimes tries to skip this step (periodically exclaiming that he doesn't need to wash his hands) but he is generally pretty good about it.

I'll often wash with him - my hands can always use an extra scrub, and it helps ensure that Colin is doing a good job.

While washing I started a habit of singing a silly hand-washing song, to the tune of the Yo-Gabba-Gabba "Snack" song, changing the word from "snack" to "scrub".  I'll start... Scrubby-dub dub dub-dub-dub.  Colin will respond: Scrubby-dub dub DUB-DUB-DUB.  And while this seems silly, I figure two rounds of that is enough to ensure that his hands are pretty thoroughly scrubbed.

What I really love is how he describes the soapy-foam.  I always encourage him to scrub thoroughly and make plenty of bubbles to "kill the germs" and sometimes when he has a good lather going he'll remark, "Look, Mommy - Santa hands!"

Yes, I'm easily amused but this makes me smile every time.

Comments

Popular Posts