Nubmers Game

I'm amazed at Colin's ability with numbers.  His counting isn't always perfect (he has a tendency to count beyond the number of objects actually there) but he can look at a grouping at a glance and instantly tell me the number of objects.

If I ask him to count fingers and I hold up three he might count one-two-three-four-five, but I drew some stars on a chalkboard and asked him how many there were and he instantly said "five" (which was correct).  We hadn't talked about the number of stars on the chalkboard, and I had just added a new one so it wasn't something he had counted earlier.  He does this often: when watching a TV show, or playing with cars (or dinosaurs), and it isn't accidental - he's always correct.

I know I'm a bragging mommy, and have no idea what would be considered "normal" at his age, but I really think that's pretty amazing for a 3-year-old!

Comments

Popular Posts