The Next Usain Bolt

Well, it took Colin about a week to go from walking across the room (doing a wonderful imitation of Frankenstein, including the unbent knees and arms held straight out from the shoulder socket!) to start running. 

I saw him do it for the first time last Thursday in our upstairs hallway, and again recently when we were at the playground.  This morning when I dropped him off at school his teacher confirmed that she now understands what I was saying about him running.  Apparently he's now constantly sprinting everywhere in the classroom.

It seems that Colin's philosophy is "Why walk when you can run?"  I'm not sure why he thinks he needs to get from point A to point B at high speed, but he's decided that it is always better to get somewhere sooner and faster.  At this rate the kid is either going to become an F-1 driver or he's already started training to become the next Usain Bolt.

Either way, I think our lives just dove a bit deeper into the ocean of chaos known as parenthood.  But for now... I have to run and go catch my speedy son!!

Comments

Popular Posts