Aunt Invasion 2009

Every year since we moved to NJ we have an October visit with my aunts Jo and Barbara.  They got us started going to Broadway shows (thank you!) and their visit is circled on my calendar every year.  The past two years I got my father to start coming as well, so it has been a wonderful reunion for the three of them.

This year, unfortunatley, my father said he couldn't come b/c he had a "growth" on his lip.  I told him with Colin he had to get it checked out so we knew if he was contagious and, sure enough he was told he was contagious.  So the trip was canceled.  I was disappointed, but ultimately thankful that he made the decision to keep Colin safe.  And we'll see him anyway at Thanksgiving, so it is a small delay.

And with Colin our trip changed a bit as well.  Instead of a fancy dinner and a trip to the theatre Hari and I met them around noon at the Natural History museum where we had a wonderful lunch and toured the entire Ocean exhibit along with the special "Frogs" exhibition.  Our visit was much too short, but that being said it was so wonderful to catch up with the two of them, and they seemed to enjoy Colin.

I can't wait for next year - hopefully my father will joing us again, and the weather will cooperate so we can go to the Central Park Zoo.  I have a feeling that next year Colin will really enjoy that.

Comments

Popular Posts