Exer... what???

Today, as usual, I went to visit Colin at lunch. Drove over from work, pulled in, parked the car, and entered my security code so I could get into the school. The door buzzed, I opened it, then I walked over to the Infant Room. All very normal. No big deal. I opened the door to the classroom, and saw a few babies inside. One was being held (Liliana, the chunk), Jayden was walking around, and someone was in the exer-saucer. Where's Colin? I checked the swing (nope), the cozy nest (nope)... didn't look like he was in his crib... then... WHHAA??? That little boy in the exersaucer is... COLIN!!!!

He looked like he was having such fun, and was so proud of himself. I just went over, squatted and stared in amazement. This teeny little bundle, who only a few weeks ago couldn't roll over. A month ago his head would wobble when he held it up. Now he's in an exersaucer, upright, playing with the toys and acting like it ain't no big thang.

I'm thrilled, tickled pink, and amazed. I'm also panicking... we'd better get a move on childproofing the house. At this rate the kid is going to be walking by the time he's 10 months old!!!

Comments

Popular Posts