Pondering

Thinking about my day yesterday, I wonder what happened to the woman I was before Colin arrived. It used to make me stir crazy to stay at home all day. I would get freaked out that I was cooped up inside. If I didn't work out for at least an hour a day I would start to feel somewhat panicked. (Seriously!) And, perhaps most telling, I would have completely freaked out if someone threw up all over me. I also wasn't into babies, was convinced that I would be a terrible mother, and was terrified at the thought of ever being pregnant.

That woman is, apparently, dead and gone. Replaced by a look-alike who isn't really ANYTHING like the old me. I knew that the body-snatchers had completed the transformation yesterday when, after a morning of happily, lazily hanging out with H and the baby, the little guy tidal-wave-puked all over me and my reaction was to laugh. I didn't think "ew." Not even a tiny "ick." I just laughed and laughed, and tried really hard to not move so the spit-up would stay caught in the crevasse of my collar bone until H could come along with a burp-cloth so I could mop it up.

Happily making moronic noises and faces to entertain an infant... intentionally trying to keep vomit ON me, and laughing about it... thrilled to be a mom and loving every minute of it... thinking about how wonderful it would be to have more children... who is this person and where did she come from???

Comments

Popular Posts