Kisses

Every time we get in the car we click the boys in their carseats, and I have made it a habit to always give them a kiss before I step back and close the door.  I don't know why, I just do, and they've come to expect it. 

The other day I forgot to kiss Ryan (it was early, I was running late for work, and I just wasn't on my A-game) and the poor little guy started sobbing hysterically, "I WAN MY KISS!!!  I WAN MY KISS, MAMA"  And I felt so bad that I undid my seatbelt (we were still in the driveway), got out of the car, and went to plant a smooch on my little guy.  The moment I did he was completely happy and we had a pleasant ride into school.

I sometimes kiss the boys as they're getting out too - yes, I'm a giant mushball.  Please don't remind me.  But today took the cake.  We pulled in at the school, and I went to let Colin out of his carseat.  I gave him a kiss, and he went to wipe his lips with the back of his hand.

"Colin!  Did you just wipe my kiss away?!?"  I asked the question slightly miffed, but also with a playful tone in my voice because he is a little boy, after all, and I can't expect him to always want my kisses every moment of the day.

His response?

"No, Mommy.  I rubbed it in so I could have your kiss in me waaaay down deep, all day long.  Because I love you so much.  Sometimes that's what I do, I rub the kisses in."

This kid is either the best smooth-talker in history (which wouldn't surprise me, knowing his father!), or he is simply the most adorable loving little boy in the universe.  Or both.

I completely melted, grabbed him up in a huge hug (with some other parents staring a bit, wondering what was going on), and told him, as I often do, that he is the best Colin ever.  Whatever other insanity or frustration today brings, I have Colin's kiss, rubbed in.  Waaay down deep in my heart.  Because that's how much he loves me.  Yep, I'm the luckiest mom in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts