Manners Please!

Tonight we went out to dinner at a local (chain) restaurant.  It was a little late in the evening, so Ryan had already been fed and Colin had a few snacks before we went, but it has been a long week and Hari golfed this afternoon so he wanted me to have a little treat.

After a nice appetizer of chips and salsa, and having sipped a little on our respective beverages (milk, water, Bohemia beer, and Sauza Gold margarita - you figure out who had what!) Colin announced he needed to use the potty.

My wonderful husband didn't even ask, just said "OK, Colin, let's go" and took him.    I was still managing Ryan (who incessantly signed "MORE" then pointed to the container of puffs, and/or his water) but was also relaxing and enjoying the guacamole, chips, and my large icy beverage.

When they got back Hari was laughing so hard... and managed to tell me what happened as I sat with Colin in my lap.

Here's what I heard from Hari:

So we went into the bathroom, and suddenly there's this giant burp.  Huge!  Colin looks around and says, "What was that?  Whaaaat was that?!?!"  We both started laughing, and there was this big pause and then some guy in a stall said "Excuse me!" I don't even know what the guy looks like, 'cause we never saw - I just hurried up and we got out of there!

I'm still laughing as I type this.  My three year old son, while on a potty break, shamed some adult man into remembering his manners.  Utterly priceless.

And gentlemen, remember... even when you think you're safe in the men's room... ensconced in your testosterone coccoon... you never know when a tiny tot is going to remind you... manners please!

Comments

Popular Posts