Emotional Moment

The other night the boys and I were at home eating dinner.  Colin has been going through a phase where he takes one bite, chews for about 5 minutes (literally), then sits with the food in his mouth for another 5 minutes.  This tends to make meals drag on a bit, and can be moderately frustrating for me.  (UNDERSTATEMENT!)  To try and minimize the duration of our meal I explained to Colin, calmly, that if he didn't hurry up and finish eating dinner we wouldn't be able to go outside and play.

Colin's reaction was to get quiet for a moment.  Then, looking down at his plate, he got a very stern expression on his face... and told me...

"I'm mad at you, Mommy.  I'm going to be Iron Man and beat you up."

I know that he was sincerely frustrated, and truly meant it.  But it was a struggle for me to not fall on the ground laughing.  How could I possibly take him seriously?  But I have to give him points for creativity... he knows that as Colin Sharma he's not big enough or strong enough, but as Iron Man he would have his superpowers and be able to take me.

Bring it on, little iron man!

Comments

Popular Posts