Good Job!

Apparently we are providing sufficient positive feedback to Colin.  Why do I think this?  Because he's doing it right back to me!

We've been working with him on drinking from a glass, and before each sip we remind him to use two hands, and drink slowly.  After he finishes his sip (or gulp), and assuming he hasn't spilled (which is thankfully most of the time) he will look expectantly at us, and we always reward him by telling him that he did a good job.

Today at lunch he was drinking kefir, using a regular cup, and decided that I needed to have some.  (He does this a lot.  A LOT.  The kid is constantly feeding me!  But I digress... back to lunch...)  I took a sip, and he looked at me and said "Good job, Mommy!  Good job!"  Later in the day I made some toast but hadn't had a moment to sit down and eat it.  Colin took me by the hand, demanded "Sit, Mommy!  Sit!  Take a bite.  Take it!"  I dutifully (and rather thankfully) sat down and took a bite, after which he rewarded me with a pat on my leg, and a "Good job, Mommy!"

Hooray for me!

Comments

Popular Posts