Baby Talk

Just this week Ryan has started talking. Granted, it is baby talk: cooing and such, but it is always accompanied by a grin that lights up his whole face. I am utterly smitten, and am physically unable to look away when he starts.

Which wouldn't be so bad if Ryan were not a morning person. But he clearly IS a morning person. Because nearly every day he wakes me up to eat around 6am, and once he has sated his thirst he happily lays in his bassinet, looking up at me, smiling and making all the classic baby noises.

I keep thinking I could really use a couple more hours of sleep, but snoozing through his smiles is simply not an option. So I will continue to blunder about in my happy-but-sleep-deprived state. I know it won't last long and don't want to miss a moment.

Comments

Popular Posts