Splish Splash!

When I arrived at school after work to pick Colin up I noticed he was in an entirely new outfit.  Sometimes if he's extra messy at lunch (or perhaps during art) they change him into a new shirt, and on rare occasions he's needed new pants for... ahem... messy reasons.  But today it was top to bottom.  New shirt, undershirt and pants.

Hmmm... I wondered what he got into.  So I asked.

His teacher explained that Colin had gone into the bathroom that adjoins the classroom, and when she turned to see what he was doing he was sitting in the toilet.  Not on it, in it.  Happy as a clam and utterly soaked.

We've been just starting to get him interested in potty training at home, talking to him about how mommy and daddy use the potty, and occasionally having him sit on his potty seat if it looks like he might need to use the facilities.  But today he took it to a whole new level!

I've heard potty training stories about kids who refuse to use the potty, and even one dear friend who was potty trained in one day because no one came to get her so she just stayed there... all day.  I've heard of bullies giving other kids a swirly.  I've watched poor H deal with a doodie-water incident that to this day is still a source of horror for him (and humor for the rest of us!).  But I've never heard of a kid voluntarily sitting himself down in a toilet.

Leave it to Colin... always pushing the envelope.

Comments

Popular Posts