Howwie

Last night I was giving Colin a bath and Sydney ran down the stairs barking.  I then heard the front door open and footsteps enter, after which Syd quieted so I assumed it was H.  But just to make sure I shouted down to say "hello" and let him know where we were.

"Hari?"
"Yes, I'm home now."
"OK, I'm giving Colin a bath."
"I know.  I'll put the groceries away."
"Thanks kiddo."

Then Colin chimed in... "Howwwie!"  "Howwwie"

He then proceeded to call the man previously known as "Dada" by his first name!  And because he got quite a reaction he (of course!) kept it up.

Since then H has been trying repeatedly to get Colin to call me by name.  Pointing to himself saying "Hari, Dada" then pointing to me and saying "Mama, Monica" but Colin isn't buying.  He'll point to H and say either Dada or Howie, but I am exclusively Mama.  Period.

Take that, Howwie!

Comments

Popular Posts