Easter Firsts

Yesterday was Colin's first Easter, and while we didn't go to a parade, and there was no "hunt" this year, we did have two pretty major firsts.

I was sitting on the floor eating an (organic) cherry pudding that H. picked up, and Colin was playing with his pile-o-toys.  He crawled over to inspect what I was doing, so I gave him a teeny bite, then resumed eating the pudding.  Keep in mind that this was an extremely small portion - perhaps 1/4 cup total.  Well, Colin apparently decided he wasn't going to miss out on that creamy cherry goodness.  I was holding the pudding and spook a little high up, to keep it out of Colin's way... so he stood up (no hands) and stayed there... STANDING.  Just so he could eat the pudding.  I fed him a few bites that way, after which he knelt to rest, then popped back up to stand again.  Thankfully H was in the room and saw the whole thing.  Hooray for cherry pudding!

Second, and more amazing... Colin was in his high chair, and I was feeding him lunch.  We were all in the dining room together, then I got up to get something from the kitchen.  I'm up and down about 15 times per meal, so I don't recall exactly what I was getting.  Something for Colin since he was out of food.  Colin was hungry, and a little needy, and H (as usual) was teasing the poor boy.  "Say Mama, Colin, and she'll come back."  He does this all the time... taunting Colin to say "Mama" and he'll get what he wants.  Knowing the poor little guy can't talk yet.

Until now.  As I walked back into the room Colin very clearly and distinctly said "MAMA!" while looking right at me.  And H, darling husband that he is, declared that as Colin's first word.  I ran over and smothered Colin in kisses and hugs to reward him for his efforts.  He said it a few more times through the day, and was rewarded each time with praise, clapping and kisses from both of his parents.

I don't like chocolate, and am not really into candy or sweets, but this was without a doubt the best Easter present my boys could ever give me.  Am I spoiled or what?!?

Comments

Popular Posts