SPLASH!

I just found this in my drafts folder... from 8/2013.
Too funny to delete so I'm sharing this ancient (but hilarious) post.  This is real life with boys.

============

The other night I went up first with Ryan as he needed a last nebulizer treatment before going to bed.  Colin stayed down with Hari (doing MAN THINGS), but eventually it was time for him to come up.

I shouted downstairs, reminding Hari it was time to get Colin upstairs, and eventually they complied.  I couldn't hear much over the 10,000 decibel hum of the nebulizer, but saw them out of the corner of my eye as they headed into the bathroom.

Our nighttime routine is as normal as it can get.  Potty, shower (almost every night), brushing teeth, pajamas, and bed.  I expected Hari and Colin to be done with this by the time I finished with Ryan's neb treatment.  Then suddenly over the roar of the nebulizer I heard a startled yelp from Colin followed by a moment of silence and then Hari laughing.  Not a chuckle or a quiet laugh.  He was HEE-HAWING so hard he couldn't even answer me when I asked what happened.

He eventually caught his breath, and explained.

Colin went to go potty, apparently the seat had been left up, and when he attempted to sit down he plopped his tukus right into the water!

Hari eventually managed to get himself under control, and we traded off so I could give Colin a quick shower and disinfect his hiney.  Once everyone was in bed, drama over, we had lights-out and I made my usual feeble attempts to get everyone to lay down quietly and FALL THE HECK ASLEEP!  The boys finally quieted down, I was pretty sure Colin was almost asleep and then... Hari started chuckling.

"You fell in the toilet!"

He kept laughing.  Colin started snickering.  I silently smiled and struggled to suppress my own laughter, while reiterating that both boys (Hari and Colin) needed to quiet down or they'd have to go into the other room, since Ryan was trying to sleep.

But I can't help picturing it in my mind.  Colin stripping down, walking over confidently to the toilet, turning around, then... SPLOOSH! accompanied by a wide-eyed expression of utter shock (this has never happened to him before) as he grabs the sides of the toilet to haul himself back up to safety.

And yes, in case you're wondering.  I'm already using this as propaganda to permanently instill in Colin the utterly mandatory requirement that the toilet seat MUST always and immediately be put down when you are done going potty.  After all, everything is a teaching moment.  Am I right??

Comments

Popular Posts