Colin Turns Six

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Colin just turned six yesterday.  He was so excited all week, and his party was a big success.

We had a pool party for him at the gym with about 12 kids in all.  Most were family friends, plus Hope and Agam (of course!) and a couple of his closest friends from school.  If I said the kids had a blast it would be an understatement.... an hour in the pool, followed by pizza, then playtime on the obstacle course, then my rainbow surprise cupcakes (yes, rainbows inside and out, with a hershey's dark chocolate kiss hidden in the center!), then more playtime.

After the party the Patels came over and the kids played together (and yes, made a huge mess in the kitchen with the crazy sand) and I was finally able to sit down and relax for a few minutes.

When they left I immediately got the boys into bed, and did my best to help them unwind after all the excitement.  Colin fell asleep almost immediately, while Ryan of course insisted he needed one more drink, had to blow his nose, and had to go potty one more time.  (UGH!)  Hari came into the darkened room and asked if Colin was really asleep... yep, passed out.  Why did he come back up?  Because my amazing husband wrote a poem for his son, and wanted to read it to him on his birthday.

I wasn't going to wake the poor kid up, but wanted to preserve it here.  It isn't a Shakespearean sonnet, but it is such a perfect example of Hari... and why when we first met, even though I was sure I wasn't cut out to be a parent I always knew Hari would be a perfect father.  I love this man!!!

One day I had a small boy
He made me smile, laugh, and full of joy.
Then one day he was all grown up
He was no longer my little pup.
Now he's big and strong and really fun
And he'll always be my oldest son.


Comments

Popular Posts